Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I started blogging after I'd graduated from my BA program. I was exhausted from running my coffee cart at school and attending classes. I wasn't sure what I was going to do next. I started poking around in the blogging world and decided to try it. It was always about trying to write but it became about being part of a community. I said something during that time about feeling reclusive and my friend said it was like me to make a bunch of new friends while being a recluse.
I'm not sure what happened to me during the last four years. I wasn't happy. I didn't feel like I was part of anything. I just dragged myself through the day. And I ignored my inner dialog because it wasn't ... useful. It didn't feel useful.
I really am having so much fun playing with widgets. But somewhere in the back of my mind a voice is nagging me about having a blog to write not to store social network links. I mean. Ya know. It can be both. But the writing should happen. Some time. I think.
I just can't believe how hard it is. The food blog writing is inching along.
Sometimes ideas start to surface but I lose the thread.
I did a bit of clicking though my blog roll the other day. I'm not the only one writing about not being able to write. It's so interesting.
Today I just thought I'd try. I've been sitting here. Watching news out of the corner of my eye. Eating a tangerine. Checking out widgets.
Sigh.

No comments: