Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Poetry Month

Two years ago during National Poetry Month (aka April) I posted a fragment of poetry on Twitter every day. It was really fun. I got a lot of response, likes and shares. Maybe the best part was finding Sparrow on Twitter. We follow each other now, which thrills me. I chose somewhat well known poets and fragments that were somewhat recognizable.
Last year I tried again. I picked some what obscure poets and obscure lines and ... the response was tepid. I didn't even finish the month.
Recently, when I was looking for my Borges for a shelving issue, I thought I might do all Borges poems this year.  Then came the virus. I spent some time looking for fragments (from anyone) about isolation and illness but I'm not up to it. So I'm back to Borges.
I don't think I'll be as aware of the response because, despite the fact that I have an entire book of his poems, I'm not that familiar with him. I don't really know if I can slice out thirty fragment that don't seem disembodied. And Borges could be kind of a snot. I think it will be fun.
Maybe.
I guess we'll see.


1 comment:

Roosevelt Hal said...

I've never been a big poetry fan-except Jabberwocky, The Road Not Taken, and short but sweet haiku. I'll read your stuff.