Monday, June 06, 2022

Books

 If you look at the picture on my FB page, you see the big bunch of books I got for Christmas.  I've read about a third of them with a few others folded in. Every year (about this time) I talk about how full the bookshelves are. I usually talk about the chairs that are in front of them, which block the view. The shelves are closer to full than they've ever been. I'd like to do some reorganizing. but I need help. The reorganizing will probably empty a shelf or two. It's an obsession. 

I finished a book over the weekend and now I have a stack of three ready to go. Which one first? (Rubs hands together.) 

The weekend book was Ancestor Trouble by Maud Newton. Interesting. She tracks her family history and a wild bunch they were! She also talks about DNA and generational trauma. There were times when I was really caught up in the story and she'd go off on a long stretch about DNA research. It was interesting but also frustrating. We have some similarities in our life experience. It was interesting to think about the differences in who we became. The book was thought provoking. 

I feel like some amount of character is innate and some is developed. And some amount of who we are is inherited. And some amount we pick up on the streets.

Heh. 

No comments: