Friday, April 14, 2023

rewrite

 Yesterday I posted after months of not posting and it was so weak. Just as I started to write, a friend stopped by. Never happens. Twice a week friends stop by. Once in a while one of them stops by but usually later in the day. Then another friend called. Never happens. I don't focus that well so that much distraction shattered the little focus I had. I'm going to try a rewrite, 

Years ago, I saw Justin Hall on MSNBC talking about personal blogging. He was going around the country at the time trying to convince average people to have a blog and write about their life.

About that time a friend of mine sent me an article about Willa. Willa kept a journal online and a blog separately. I always thought that was so clear. I loved the journal. It was like a letter from an old friend. And she found the coolest things on her blog. 

They both did their own coding. I tried to learn code, but I just wasn't into it. I bought WYSIWYG software and started writing. Not at all sure what I was doing or even why. And I did stop once I started working at EA. 

I think some of the urge to put my life online comes from being lonely. I have made friends online. I may not have met them, but I love them as if I've always known them. 

But blogging is about writing. Which I wish I would do. 

This is a tiny bit better than yesterday, but I need to do this a lot more often. 

No comments: