Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Little Story #30

Remember the post about me being uncomfortable with dogs? I do have one really sweet dog story. It happened during the time I was living in the rebirthing training center/commune. I could have become one of the people living there for a long time. Run the kitchen. Hung out in the hot springs. But I had gone there for the India training. The non existent India training. I really thought Leonard might pay for me to go. I can't remember how but one day I realized that he wasn't going to do that. I was really sad and probably angry.
There was a dog living there named Billie. She was an English Sheep dog. I've always loved English Sheep dogs. I'm not sure who owned her but people were feeding her and she got lots of love.
On my sad day I walked down the path, found a spot and collapsed in tears. Billie walked with me and sat beside me, leaning on me. This wasn't something she usually did. I cried for a little while. As I calmed down and stopped crying Billie got up and walked away.
Billie walking away made me feel like I was OK. She didn't need to take care of me anymore.