Monday, May 02, 2022

Rhythm

 This is funny. For years blogging was a habit. I grabbed breakfast, headed to the desk, read some blogs and wrote mine. TikTok is my first focus now. Watching and doing my own. It takes time. 

This morning after doing the TikTok thing I was thinking about taking a shower and suddenly I remembered the blog. 

I still spend more time thinking about the TikTok than I do the blog. Writing is such a different feel. I want to do more of it. I'm just having trouble making it a habit. I open the laptop and feel blank. I will keep writing boring aimless posts until something kicks in. 

Reading usually helps. Especially if I'm reading something with a strong rhythm. I'm reading House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday. The writing is lush, descriptive but not exactly rhythmic. So, it's not kicking anything into gear for me. 

I suppose there is a possibility that I'll never get my rhythm back. I'm just not willing to accept that. 

Yet.