Friday, June 17, 2022

Father

 I didn't meet my father until I was eleven or twelve. After that I called him every Faher's day. One year I called him, and the number had been disconnected. I called my aunt and got his new number. He wasn't trying to hide from me he just forgot to let me know. 

I have a lot of those kind of stories, which is odd considering how little time I sent with him. 

Once we were having dinner in a club and he asked me to dance. I was so uncomfortable. I hadn't done that much dancing, and I hadn't been that physically close to him. Ever. 

I learned a lot about him from my stepsister. I know I was better off not being around him. 

And sometimes, a commercial in which a father is loving to a child sets me off. 

I know some great fathers. Watching them with their children has been healing for me. And I hope they have a great Father's Day. 

No comments: