Thursday, June 23, 2022

Ramble

 This little chunk missing from my knee is annoying. Knees bend so the bandage keeps pulling away. I just redid the whole thing and it looked great. For a few minutes. It hurts a little bit every once in a while, but it's not a big deal. Just annoying. 

The last piece of cake is on the counter. Probably a little dry. I'll eat it later. 

I am 69 years old. But 69 is one of those numbers that makes middle school kids giggle. I'm just going to say I'm 70. I'll be 70 for two years. I feel like I might need that long to accept being 70. 

The hearing is on. It is scathing. 

I got HBO +. Reluctantly. I don't want to pay for more streaming services. But I wanted to see the documentary about the Jane collective. Which was really good. And then I saw the series based on the Elena Ferranti books referred to the Neapolitan Quartet. The HBO series is called: My Brilliant Friend. Movies and TV series made from books (particularly favorite books) are a worry. But this series is amazing. 

I am reading The Love Songs of W.E. Du Bois. There is a young woman in the book and young women in the TV series. I keep getting confused because I'm always worried about someone, but I don't always remember who, or why. 

Heh. 

No comments: