Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Coaxing

 I just did a really small amount of yoga. I used to do a full half an hour practice every single morning. The frozen shoulder makes it hard. Stretching is good for the shoulder. It's just painful and gets more painful as I move. I feel like I'm always trying to decide what is a good thing and what might cause damage. I discovered that warrior pose is not too painful and it's one of my favorite poses. I do certain things, like neck rolls, all day and try to stretch the shoulder. 

All of this was sitting in a chair because of my knees. 

A simple move, like a forward bend, causes pain. 

I miss the ritual. 

Pushing through a generalized lethargy to do things that will cause pain is just a drag. It doesn't feel like ritual anymore. It feels like struggle. I am going to keep trying to do it.

Coaxing back all the things.   

1 comment:

dimplewarus said...

My friend used to refer to "attacking the mountain with a teaspoon," adding that it "beats a blank." I try to keep that in mind in my own very limited practice.