Tuesday, May 10, 2022

DIstracted

 Open Blogger. 

Stare at the TV screen. 

Check TikTok.

I'm hungry. Maybe I should eat. 

Still waiting for that urge to write. It used to hit me like a wave. 

I just finished reading Maus. I'd read it years ago. Or maybe I just read parts. I didn't have my own copy so I would have either borrowed it or read it serialized somewhere. It is wonderful and devastating. I had to take breaks. Reading it with images of a destroyed Ukraine on the news and Victory Day marchers in Russia was challenging. 

It was also rough thinking about the Supreme Court taking away a right that has been in place for most of my life. Imaging the horror of trans-kids wondering if they will be taken away from their parents. Totalitarianism is sneaky until it gets enough power. 

Watch a commercial about lactose free milk. 

Check TikTok. 

I'm hungry.   

No comments: