Thursday, May 12, 2022

Music

 I don't listen to music. 

It's the saddest thing. 

For most of my childhood, teenage years and early adulthood music was my solace. I had my own band for a few years. I turned on music the minute I walked in the door. I'm not sure when I stopped. 

TikTok has introduced me to some new music. Recently I learned about First Aid Kit and was reminded about Antony. But I still don't naturally turn it on. 

I was remembering a song Bonnie Raitt recorded. I think the title was Blowin Away. I sang that song over and over. There is one line ... love is blind - it cannot find me. It's the kind of song that you can really wail. And I did. 

I feel like I might have put too much energy into that line. 

I have a lot of love in my life. But no ... partner.

The concussion might be part of why I don't listen. I seem to have trouble listening to anything. Two doctors told me this was part of the concussion and would go away. It's taking too long. 

No comments: