Monday, April 18, 2022

Bad Night

 I slept badly. My stomach felt the need to remind me how limited my food choices are. Last year I was having a lot of stomach issues. I had an endoscopy and found out that the lining was raw. The doctors thought it was Advil use. Which is likely. I've taken lots of it for joint paint. I've also taken handfuls of supplements. Some of the bad behavior of my youth probably factors in. I could barely eat for months. I am better but I think I'll always be limited. It's not really amount of food that is a problem. I am limited in that way but it's immediate. I get full really quickly. It's about spice and acid and things like that. I stopped drinking coffee daily. I have a cup, sometimes two a week. Sigh. I can have a small amount of chocolate every day but there is a limit. If I go over that limit, I'm in pain. I ate more acidic food than I should have for a few days. More (Easter) chocolate. So. Bad night. 

Everything is starting later. I wanted to write in the morning. It's the middle of the afternoon. Does this matter? Not really. It only matters that I write something.

I'm woozy from lack of sleep. 

   

2 comments:

dimplewarus said...

I feel you about the Advil, Tish. A few years ago my gut landed me in the ER and they told me I couldn't take Advil or Aleve or aspirin. Like you, I depended on it. I saw a lovely gastroenterologist who recommended Tramadol for my pain management. It helps a lot.
If your pain needs mollification, I can tell you that it helps.

Tish said...

I'm using a cannibus balm that is remarkably effective. And cortisone shots four times a year. I'll ask about the Tramadol.