Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Slow

 Slept really well last night. And still I'm kind of tired. I don't think you ever really catch up. 

I'm trying to get form back into my day. 

Yesterday I saw Martha Stewart on Facebook pitching a sunflower door wreath in blue and yellow. There is a donation to an organization but I didn't read much about it. It feels like exploitation. There were more ads for more things. This is what we do in capitalism. We throw money at things and wear our support. I'm not totally against these things I just think they can be shallow.

A month or so ago the bakeries and restaurants in the area donated a percentage of sales for a day to the World Central Kitchen. That felt like a community rallying with a specific intent. I bought cookies, coffee, lunch, everything I could. I felt confident that the money would go to feeding people. 

I can't articulate my feelings about what's happening. Everything in my head feels like bombast and rhetoric. Watching the new is relentlessly horrific. 

And writing is slow. 

Heh.  

3 comments:

George said...

Moving with intention's best in so many platforms and environments. Conserve your spoons, and choose your shots.

lisahgolden said...

I keep hiding from the news. I keep hiding from the ads. I try not to click things. I want to do more and do meaningful things.

And yet.

I don't.

Tish said...

I don't see reply for each comment. Weird. But it's rockin my world to see both of you here.