Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Spoons

 I made the intention to post in the morning not remembering that I spend Wednesday mornings with Mandy and Ramona (her dog). I either need to be flexible or post in the afternoon. Or at midnight! 

Two commenters on my last post. George who I met in the blogger years and Lisa who I met on TikTok It was like my Internet past and present meeting up. I'm really emo about these things. George reminded me to conserve my spoons. Wise, as always. Especially judging by how often I stare into space as I try to put together a post. Part of the hope in all of this social media exertion is that I'll find more spoons. 

I'm doing poetry fragments on Twitter as I have for a few years. I'm using Elizabeth Bishop poems this year and really enjoying it. When April is over my Twitter activity will wane. Facebook. I'll always check in but I'm not active.

TikTok gives me spoons. Usually. There are days on social media that suck the will to live out of me. Usually because of communication that doesn't click. Which is also true in life. Oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood. 

There are days on TikTok that fill me up. I have carved out a corner in the app filled with really lovely, interesting people. Like Lisa. The beginning of our relationship was her recommending a book that I bought immediately and loved. An auspicious beginning. 

I did put my entire book on YouTube but I don't think I'll do anything else there. The book took all the spoons I had. I'm taking a break from it. 

I'm going to be happy if I get this out before five. 

Heh. 


2 comments:

Kaysie said...

I really enjoy your TT videos, even when you feel like you don't have much to say, you inevitably give me something to ponder on.
And while I have my own small TT channel in which you show support (thank you so much for that!) I feel like I don't really have any wisdom to convey, or anything to say at all really that is not just about what is currently happening that day/week (which I cannot be entirely 100% candid with as I have certain family members following me)
I really enjoyed listening to your book too. You write in a way that captures my brain. I used to be an avid reader and then I stopped. I don't know why. But it's been many years since I've read more than a few chapters. Your book captured my attention in a way I haven't felt for years.
Sorry for the gushing. I just wanted you to know that I enjoy listening to what you have to say.

Tish said...

Thank you so very much! I appreciate your support! I really appreciate your words about the book. I have so much of myself invested in the book. I feel vulnerable about it.
Thank you for being here on the blog!