Friday, April 29, 2022

Stomach ache

 I talk about falling last year because it was an event that changed my life. Not in a good way. The fall happened in front of the hospital. I was there to get two procedures. One of which was an endoscopy. 

In the early part of last year, I was having a lot of stomach aches particularly in the morning. I vomited a lot. It didn't seem to matter what I ate or drank. The endoscopy showed that the lining of my stomach was raw. The surgeon and my GP thought it might be because I took so much Advil for joint pain. Probably true but I think there were other reasons. Reasons from my past and maybe the handfuls of vitamins I took twice a day. I had stopped taking them because they made me feel sick. 

I did a regiment of a stomach coating medicine and some antacids. I could barely eat. I stopped drinking coffee, which was horrible. No tea. Nothing acidic. No chocolate.

I am better. My appetite is erratic. I drink one cup of coffee a week. I can eat a very small amount of chocolate but if I eat a tiny bit too much it hurts right away. Most of what I eat is bland but sometimes I push it. I eat Posole or Caponata. And it hurts. Tums don't really help. I am having more stomach aches again so I'm avoiding all the things. Sigh. 

It's also (no doubt) about age. 

Everything is now. 


No comments: